Weekly report for the week of 2015-11-05¶
This is the third weekly update on what I’ve been doing for the CWL; it covers the week of 2015-11-05.
Summary: FoG Workshop & Dev summit were a huge success!
- Dealt with fallout from my sublet falling through
- Drove to San Mateo
- CWL Workshop at the Festival of Genomics, California - Well over 50 participants!
- Had many great conversations including one with Matt Bookman of the Google Cloud team. He is working with ISB on their CWL-on-Kubernetes development.
- Sketched out how to use the “streamable” flag to optimize use of object stores such as Google Cloud Storage. Discussed using the GCS FUSE adapter instead of using GCS URIs in CWL documents. A complete win for that design decision.
- CWL Codefest
- Was really more of a core team summit
- Lots of useful discussion on draft 3 features. Notes are at: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AXMDv7Zy7D68XbbGjv4pIKw69H31_gfYn5Hk6RGl–M
- Undecided issues: specifiying how to satisfy tool dependencies without using Docker
- Drove back to Davis
- Finished moving out of my apartment. Missed my flight to Austin by mere minutes.
- Read ansible documentation
- Got up at 03:30 for my rescheduled flight to Austin; second leg was canceled, “bonus” 10-hour layover
- talk prep for TACC
- Get Andrey Kartashov’s recently contributed workflows running for myself.
- Setup Jenkins CI server to test CWL conformance
- Start the sustainability review.
- Start an ontological comparison between the semantics of CWL tool and workflow descriptions and the other known efforts.
- Follow up with the Software Freedom Conservancy and NumFOCUS.