Weekly report for the week of 2015-10-26¶
This is the second weekly update on what I’ve been doing for the CWL; it covers the week of 2015-10-26.
Summary: logistics, Code of Conduct draft public,
- Reserved rental car for Davis/San Mateo/Santa Clara legs
- Requested hotel reservation information for Austin leg
- Booked AirBNB room for Boston leg
- Schedule first check-in meeting with Brandi
- Confirmed dates for a colleague of a colleague to stay in my Davis apartment
- Read through every GitHub issue from non-core team people, adding responses and labels as I went
- Finished my NSF funding opportunities education for now; subscribed to learn about future opportunities
- Sent out reminder about CWL video meeting & daylight savings mismatch between Europe and US
- Fixed typo in GitHub repository as reported by Chris Fields
- Wrote up notes from last week and sent them out
- Reviewed Code of Conduct options again, made pull request to take the conversation public as requested by the leadership team
- Reviewed and merged https://github.com/common-workflow-language/common-workflow-language/pull/152
- Ran regular CWL group video chat, our largest yet with 17 participants!
- Next meeting will be on November 10th.
- Sent out location & remote participation guidance
- Took notes at the meeting: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wZN0m2Vu4Cpqhd50HgcxJG_fxI4034qBWTZxRn1kbCw/edit?usp=sharing
- Bi-weekly meeting with Brand Davis-Dusenbery
- Lawyers advised that non-profits seeking 501(3)c status involving free/open-source software and whose donors are on the board have had many troubles getting approved due to lack of separation. I agreed to chat with both NumFOCUS & the Software Freedom Conservatory about fiscal sponsorship.
- Brandi agreed to be the escalation contact for potential (though not expected) CoC violations by Nebojša.
- Scheduled meeting at SBG prior to conversation at the Broad about their Workflow Description Language on Nov 13th.
- I enquired about recording/broadcasting the Festival of Genomics workshop; Brandi will followup.
- Travel day: CLJ-OTP-AMS-MSP-SMF
- Voiced my support for keeping a ‘–dry-run’ option to cwltool
- Whoops, sublet for my apartment fell through. Gave away most everything I could and moved my things to storage.